KONTAKT 6 v6.6.0 MAC
MORiA | 31 August 2021 | Rev3: 653.8 MB
With KONTAKT 6, you can sound like a snare drum, a symphony orchestra, or anything in between, from a universe of sampled instruments. It’s a simple sampler when you want it to be, and a deep sonic scripting laboratory when you need something more. The next generation of the world’s favorite sampling platform gives you new instruments and new features under the hood – so you can layer, link, stretch, and shape your sounds any way you can imagine.
Over two decades, KONTAKT has become a highly-developed engine for creating and playing sampled instruments. KONTAKT 6 offers more for players and builders alike:
– Introducing KONTAKT Play Series: Three new instruments for the KONTAKT library, offering pristine, contemporary sound in a creative and streamlined interface
– Wavetable synthesis module: Build hybrid instruments for entirely new sounds
– Enhanced effects: Even more effects for your creations, for greater expression and realism
– Creator Tools: New standalone application dedicated to improving the library creation and editing process.
THREE NEW INSTRUMENTS
KONTAKT 6 introduces the KONTAKT Play Series: Sonically rich sample libraries that combine powerful sound design with simple playability. Each offers eight intelligently mapped macro knobs giving you a wide-sweeping, intuitive range of control. They all showcase KONTAKT’s new wavetable module, each offering two blendable sound sources and a unique take on a speciality style.
Iconic 20th century hardware synthesizers captured with an intricate level of detail, and creatively processed with seminal outboard effects. This hybrid analog/digital instrument utilizes blendable sound sources to deliver a modern take on classic electro and synthwave, which have seen a resurgence in recent cinema.
Hybrid organic/electronic instrument that takes myriad acoustic instruments from around the world, and combines it with digital synthesis, organic foley layers, and effects processing. The result fuses traditional and digital, with basses, strings (bowed and plucked), wind instruments, tuned percussion, bells/metals, pads/drones, leads, and textural ambiences.
A contemporary, creative, and ultimately new take on keys and piano sounds. HYBRID KEYS moves away from conventional sampling processes and instead focuses on inventive techniques such as re-amping, creative mic positioning in interesting spaces, and vari-speed experiments with tape.
NEW FEATURES FOR BUILDERS
KONTAKT has long since grown beyond its origins as a software sampler, and now provides a solid foundation for building advanced sample-based instruments. We’ve been supporting this platform, and the people who use it, with continuous updates to KONTAKT 5, and KONTAKT 6 builds on this strategy with some big additions for you builders out there.
– Replika Delay: Based on the dedicated Native Instruments plug-in REPLIKA XT, it offers multiple delay modes, each with a vastly different sound character.
– Room Reverb: A new high-quality algorithmic room reverb that offers options for real time modulation.
– Hall Reverb: Another high-quality algorithmic reverb, tuned for hall sounds.
– Plate Reverb: Emulates a plate reverberator for for classic vintage metallic sounds.
– Cry Wah: Wah-wah effect module, based on the most popular wah pedal of all time.
The latest version of KONTAKT adds wavetable synthesis to the ever expanding KONTAKT toolset. All three of the new Play Series instruments incorporate this new module, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you create with this powerful new building block.
Creator Tools is a standalone application designed to improve the workflows of library builders and instrument creators. It consists of two elements: A Debugger, for identifying and fixing problems in KONTAKT script, and an Instrument Editor, which can load and run Lua scripts to automap samples, duplicate and batch rename groups, and copy settings from one part of an instrument to another.
6.6.0 – 2021-07-06
VST3 Target, User content base path, flexible EVENT_PAR routing.
ADDED Kontakt now also provides a VST3 target
REMOVED 32bit VST2 target is no longer provided
CHANGED The Options Load/Import tab is updated and renamed to Loading
ADDED It is now possible to set a user library path in the Kontakt options Loading Tab
ADDED KSP New KSP command redirect_output()
IMPROVED KSP It is now possible to refresh the ui_file_selector
ADDED KSP Scripts can now send modulation events to the new From Script modulator
ADDED KSP It is now possible to attach the ui_meter to gain reduction meters
ADDED KSP Level meter ranges and orientation can now be set with $CONTROL_PAR_RANGE_MIN and $CONTROL_PAR_RANGE_MAX
ADDED New factory script Arpeggiator (sync) based on the listener callback for solid host sync timing
ADDED The about screen now displays the Kontakt target
FIXED When modulating amp release, the release velocity was delayed by one note
FIXED Kontakt could crash on Windows if the system user documents folder was on a USB or network drive
FIXED Kontakt could crash when re-ordering NKIs in a bank
FIXED In some cases external modulator names were missing in instruments created with Kontakt 4 or earlier
FIXED Wavetable Inharmonic knob is now correctly displayed as a bipolar value
FIXED Collection of minor cosmetic GUI fixes
– Session Guitarist Picked Nylon
– Session Guitarist Electric Vintage
– Session Guitarist Picked Acoustic
– Session Guitarist Electric Sunburst Deluxe
– Session Guitarist: Electric Sunburst
– Session Guitarist Strummed Acoustic 2
– Session Guitarist Strummed Acoustic
You couldn’t editing with all these instruments KONTAKT 6.6.0
KONTAKT 6 v6.6.0 Rev-3 macOS-MORiA